Providing better quality employee health care
Our Core HMO plans provide your employees with the high-quality care and the tools they need to build a strong foundation of health. In fact, in 2016 our commercial HMO was named the top-performing health plan in the nation.1
Part of what makes our plan so affordable is having members receive care from our more than 1,000 doctors at our 25 medical offices. Our HMO plans also include 9,000 additional providers and specialists across Washington.
High-performing care teams
Washington Permanente Medical Group was the highest-ranked medical group in the state2 in the 2016 Community Checkup from Washington Health Alliance. And the additional providers in our HMO network share our dedication to quality care and better health outcomes for members.
Wellness services improve employee health and productivity. Care management, a 24-hour nurse hotline, online tools, and valuable decision aids help your employees make informed treatment choices.
For our large group clients, we collect and analyze valuable data about the way your employees are using their health coverage. We look at claims, hospitalizations, and level of physician engagement. Then we partner with you to adjust and adapt your health strategy accordingly.
All plans offered and underwritten by Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington
Source for network practitioner counts: OIC Provider Network Form A.
Why choose Kaiser Occupational Health Services?
Kaiser Permanente medical offices are proud to meet the criteria of a high-performing care system set by the American Medical Group Association. We’re also one of only six COHEs (Centers of Occupational Health & Education) in Washington.
- Manages costs and care to improve health
- Quality measurement and improvement activities
- Care coordination
- Use of information technology and evidence-based medicine
- Organized system of care
- Compensation practices promote quality over quantity
- Financial and regulatory accountability
Becoming a high-
performing health system
See our large group HMO networks at a glance
See our small group HMO benefits at a glance
1. Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington's (formerly named Group Health Cooperative) commercial HMO rated the top health plan in the United States in the 2016 eValue8™ survey. Managed by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions (formerly the National Business Coalition on Health), eValue8™ is an evidence-based resource created by business coalitions and employers like Marriott and General Motors to measure and evaluate health plan cost, quality, and performance.
2. Washington Health Alliance, 2016 Community Checkup http://wahealthalliance.org/; Ranking applies to then Group Health Cooperative's medical group, formerly named Group Health Permanente, P.C. and now named Washington Permanente Medical Group, P.C.