In the coming months, Kaiser Permanente Washington will be introducing a new enrollment tool for Kaiser Permanente Individual and Family (KPIF) plans. This new Sign Me Up (SMU) tool will replace the current off-exchange online Agent Center quoting tool. It’s just another step we’re taking to align our systems with other Kaiser Permanente regions.
SMU will offer a better consumer experience, including improved accessibility for people with blindness or low vision. New web features and functionality will also enable applicants and clients to apply on smartphones and tablets. In addition, SMU will provide a better online off-exchange sales experience for producers, who will be able to:
- Generate and send quotes
- Start online applications for clients
- Navigate user-friendly dashboards
SMU is targeted to go live in Washington this summer
As Kaiser Permanente prepares for this change, we want to make sure this transition is smooth for you and your clients. So leading up to and beyond the go-live date, we will:
- Include ongoing updates in our monthly newsletter
- Inform you of actions that need to be taken before and after SMU goes live
- Provide a portfolio of training resources and information
- Send emails to individual producers who currently use the Agent Center quoting tool for KPIF off-exchange
- Provide step-by-step instructions on how to download any existing client information within the current tool, as it will not transfer to SMU once it goes live
Note: The SMU transition will only apply to the KPIF off-exchange online Agent Center quoting tool. If you are certified to represent and sell Kaiser Permanente Medicare Advantage (HMO) health plans, you will continue to use the Agent Center quoting tool and shopping center URL to quote and sell Medicare Advantage.
If you have questions regarding this information, please reach out to the KPIF sales and producer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1‑800‑474‑1079, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.