Soon, we’ll be mailing out our 2024 renewal and notification letters for individual and family plans. These templates are provided by the Office of the Insurance Commissioner (OIC) and give details about plan rate adjustments as well as additional plan and enrollment information. They include:
This letter provides information about:
- Our projected 2024 monthly premium rates, which incorporate annual age-band changes.
- For on-exchange plans, the premium rate doesn’t take into consideration any assistance a member may be eligible for. This information will be provided by the Washington Health Benefit Exchange.
- For off-exchange plans, the premium rate doesn’t include the dental premium if members are currently enrolled in one of the dental plans offered.
- Benefit and cost-share comparisons between 2023 and 2024
- The process of changing plans, including required references to the OIC and Washington Healthplanfinder websites
Cost-share changes and plan mapping
This document highlights plan-level benefit and cost-share changes from 2023 to 2024.
Cover letters with here to help flyer
Provides information about:
- The steps members may need to take during open enrollment
- Answers to questions members may have during enrollment, including:
- How members find plan and coverage details
- How members can compare and change plans
- How the change from the CoreSelect to Core provider network will impact non-Virtual Plus members
- How members get care when traveling
- What are the changes to prescription refills for maintenance medications
- How off-exchange members can add dental
Additional plan and enrollment information for 2024
- 2024 individual and family plan rate adjustments
- The OIC-approved overall average rate increase is 17.81%.
- Actual rate adjustments which can vary by plan, rating region, and any age-band rate change that may occur as of January 1, 2024 — or member age if they enroll anytime between February and December 2024. Note: Dental coverage will roll over into 2024 unless the subscriber makes a change.
- The 2024 premium rate indicated in the OIC-prescribed renewal letter does not include any assistance that exchange enrollees may qualify for or Delta Dental of Washington premiums for those off-exchange clients who have enrolled in an optional dental plan for 202.
- Delta Dental of Washington benefit and rate changes for 2024
- Pediatric plan rates will increase by 4.09%, and Adult/Family Basic plan rates will decrease by 2.15% (OIC approved). Rate adjustments are spread among all members with dental coverage, whether they use their coverage or not.
- Pediatric or Adult/Family Basic plans will have no benefit changes.
- Online enrollment system for 2024 open enrollment
Use our online enrollment system to enroll your clients who want to enroll off exchange.
- How existing off-exchange Kaiser Permanente members can make changes to their policy
These members should complete the Account Change Form. The form can be faxed or mailed back once completed. Reminder: if current off exchange subscriber is dropping coverage and the spouse wants to change to the subscriber, a new application is required (online or paper); do not complete the Account Change Form.This form can’t be used for clients who want to change from off exchange to on exchange. That must be done through Washington Healthplanfinder.
- How clients who are enrolled on exchange can make changes
Changes, including a plan change, should be done through Washington Healthplanfinder.
- 2024 individual and family plan details available online October 02, 2023
More information will be available at kp.org/wa/producer-kpif. 2024 collateral will be added to the site as it becomes available. Individual and family sales kits will be mailed starting the week of October 23, 2023.
- Interested in selling our exchange-only individual and family plans sales?
If you’re interested in selling our exchange-only individual and family plans and haven’t previously, please visit the Washington Health Benefit Exchange for more information.
- Off-exchange individual and family plan dental coverage automatic renewal
No action is needed unless members want to change or cancel their current dental plan.
- Producer of Record (POR)
Reminder: POR will be required if your client moves from off exchange to on exchange or vice versa. If there’s a gap in coverage, the POR will be to reestablish the POR, we’ll need a POR letter completed and sent to us.
Need help? We’re happy to assist you during this renewal and upcoming open enrollment period. Please contact us at 1-800-474-1079, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., or email email@example.com.