Whether you’re new to Medicare sales or have been selling Medicare for years, these tips can help you connect with the right prospects and successfully build your book of business.
- Use approved Kaiser Permanente sales kits and the Kaiser Permanente website for plan-specific marketing.
- Give out your business card to friends, relatives, and acquaintances so they can refer friends and relatives to you.
- Build your social media presence as a trusted advisor.
- Schedule a virtual educational event. No plan-specific information can be discussed, such as premiums and copayments, or marketing materials distributed, but this type of event lets you share your knowledge of Medicare, enrollment periods, requirements, and guidelines. It also gives you a chance to offer your contact information and set up future one-on-one marketing appointments.
- Refer to the CMS Medicare Marketing Guidelines for additional information on outreach activities and other contact and marketing restrictions.
- Review the CMS MA Enrollment and Disenrollment Guidance or Medicare.gov for detailed information on special enrollment periods (SEPs) and who is eligible for them.
- Don’t create your own marketing materials that include plan-related materials or references to Kaiser Permanente plan-specific details. Visit our Producer Medicare page to order sales kits and find additional resources.
- Don’t knowingly target or send unsolicited marketing materials to Medicare Advantage or Part D enrollees during the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period (MA OEP), January 1 to March 31, unless marketing is directed toward age-in or other SEP-qualified individuals.