You can use these resources to advise your clients on choosing the right Kaiser Permanente for Individuals and Families (KPIF) plan for them, whether you’re selling through the exchange or directly through Kaiser Permanente.
Open enrollment dates for on-exchange and off-exchange:
- November 1 to December 15 for a January 1 effective date
- December 16 to January 15 for a February 1 effective date
Here are a few things to know when preparing your clients for open enrollment:
- Use the Account Change Form for existing off-exchange clients who need to make changes to their policy.
- Use Washington Healthplanfinder for existing on-exchange clients who need to make changes to their policy or for existing off-exchange clients to switch to on-exchange plans.
- Producer of record will roll over from 2023 to 2024 if there is no gap in coverage.
- If there is a gap, you’ll need to complete a Producer of Record Request Form to re-establish the producer of record.
- If your client is moving from on-exchange to off-exchange, you’ll need to indicate the producer of record on the application or complete a Producer of Record Request Form.
- If your client is moving from off-exchange to on-exchange, you must establish partnership through Washington Healthplanfinder. This information will come to us on the enrollment file from the exchange.
- If using a paper application, be sure to double-check each section to ensure everything is completed and avoid slowing down the enrollment process.
- Mail or fax completed paper enrollment documents such as the application, Account Change Form, and documentation for a special enrollment period to:
Kaiser Permanente for Individuals and Families
P.O. Box 23127
San Diego, CA 92193-9921
- If your clients are enrolling dependents 18 and younger off-exchange, they’ll need to enroll in a dental plan that offers pediatric dental coverage. This is a federal and Washington state requirement. Members will receive a reminder of this requirement in February 2024 if they did not select pediatric dental coverage during open enrollment.
Need help? Call the Kaiser Permanente Washington Individual and Family Sales and Producer Support team at 800‑474‑1079, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.