Many of the tools employers need to create a culture of health within their workplace are all part of the package when they choose Kaiser Permanente health plans. Our plans include workforce health consulting services and toolkits for employers, and a robust selection of wellness services and programs for employees — at no additional cost. And, because our workforce health tools are all part of our coordinated system, employees who participate in our programs get added support from their Kaiser Permanente physicians.
Kaiser Permanente’s workforce health components include:
Services and tools for employers
- Experienced workforce health consultants available, depending on the size and needs of an employer’s business, at no additional cost.
- A 4-step model for designing, implementing, and measuring workplace health programs.
- Ready-to-implement toolkits for addressing healthy eating, exercise, weight management, healthy meetings, and other wellness topics.
- Population health management services that bring clinical and financial data together to identify workforce health risks and measure the outcome of interventions. (Services depend on the size and needs of the group.)
- Kaiser Permanente On-the-Job®, which provides coordinated, effective care for work-related injuries and illnesses. The program helps employees return to work — and good health — faster, and often at a lower cost.
- On-site services that include biometric screenings and health education classes (provided for a fee).
Wellness tools for employees
- Fitness-related discounts, including gym memberships, workout gear, and activity trackers.
- Mental health and wellness services integrated into primary care, and resources for emotional wellness and self-care.
- Phone-based wellness coaches.
- Quit for Life® tobacco cessation program that includes phone-based counseling.
- Healthy lifestyle programs give employees the tools and support they need to make changes that improve their health.
- Living Well programs that help employees manage conditions like diabetes, heart disease, asthma, pain, and more (offered in person and online).
Employers who would like more information about our workforce health services may contact their Kaiser Permanente account manager.