The Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner (OIC) has approved our 2021 small group plans and rates. There are some changes you’ll want to be aware of to support your 2021 sales.
Rates have increased an overall average of 2.24% on our Core HMO plans and 3.28% on our Access PPO plans.
Product and plan updates
Our 2021 small group portfolio offers 23 plan options. Choose from 2 new Virtual Plus, 9 Core HMO, 9 Access PPO, and 3 Elect PPO plans. Small group benefit changes include:
- Some plan copays, deductibles, and out-of-pocket maximums have been modified due to changes in the Federal Actuarial Value calculator.
- Core network Gold plan is no longer offered. Members will be mapped to Core VisitsPlus Gold LX.
- New Access PPO VisitsPlus Platinum plan has a $400/$800 in-network deductible.
- New Virtual Plus plans are available to small groups and members in King, Kitsap, Pierce, Snohomish, Spokane, and Thurston counties with access to the new Connect network.
- Effective January 1, 2021, as groups renew, small group members who have plans with access to our Core or Connect networks must get their maintenance prescription refills through our mail-order pharmacy.
For all plan details, see our small group plan comparison overview.