The Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner (OIC) approved our 2020 small group plans and rates. There are some changes you’ll want to be aware of to support your 2020 sales.
Rates have increased an average of 5.13% on our Core HMO plans and 6.75% on our Access PPO plans.
Product and plan updates
Our 2020 small group portfolio offers 21 options. Choose from 10 Core HMO, 8 Access PPO, and 3 Elect PPO plans. Elect PPO is new for 2020 and is offered in King, Kitsap, Pierce, Snohomish, and Thurston counties. Other changes include:
- Some plan copays, deductibles, and out-of-pocket maximums have changed in accordance with the Federal Actuarial Value calculator.
- Access PPO VisitsPlus Silver LD LX plan offers a lower level deductible on the silver tier.
- Access PPO VisitsPlus LX plans now include a copay for lab and X-ray visits.
- Tier 3 nonpreferred generic and brand prescription drug cost shares are subject to plan deductible.
For all plan design details, including dental options, visit our small group plan comparison page.
The small group service area includes 18 counties in Washington state: Benton, Columbia, Franklin, Island, King, Kitsap, Kittitas, Lewis, Mason, Pierce, Skagit, Snohomish, Spokane, Thurston, Walla Walla, Whatcom, Whitman, and Yakima.
Our 2020 small group commission schedule will change to match that of our Core HMO plans and will be based on the number of enrolled subscribers. Download a copy of the commission schedule by signing in to the producer portal.
- 2019 small group bonus program. Earn a bonus for new small groups sold with effective dates now through December 2019. Read our FAQ sheet for complete details.
- 2020 Spokane small group bonus program. Earn a bonus for new small groups sold in January 2020 that are located in a Spokane ZIP code. Read our FAQ sheet for complete details.
- Renewals are due by the 10th of the month prior to the effective date. For example, if a plan’s effective date is in March, its renewal is due on or before February 10. We will auto-renew groups to any mapped plan if we haven’t received formal notice by this date.
- New groups are due by the 20th of the month prior to the effective date. For example, if a new group plan’s effective date is in March, they must be signed by February 20.
Follow the checklist on the Group Master Application and be sure to include all required documents and forms — completed and legible.
Thank you for your continued partnership. We look forward to supporting you and our mutual clients in 2020. If you have questions, contact your Kaiser Permanente Washington sales team.