Soon, we’ll be sending our 2022 individual and family plan renewal and discontinuation letters. Read on for details about these notifications.
These letters are templates provided by the Office of the Insurance Commissioner (OIC) and include:
- Projected 2022 monthly premium rates, which incorporate annual age-band changes
- For on-exchange plans, the premium rate doesn’t take into consideration either tax-subsidies or cost-savings reductions a member may be eligible for; this information will be provided by the Washington Health Benefit Exchange
- For off-exchange plans, the premium rate doesn’t include the dental premium if members are currently enrolled in one of the dental plans offered
- A benefit and cost-share comparison between 2021 and 2022
- Information about changing plans, including required references to the OIC and Washington Healthplanfinder websites
- Off-exchange plan renewal notice
- Member aging off catastrophic plan notice
- On-exchange plan renewal notice
- Cost-share changes and plan mapping
Cover letter and flyer
These include additional information about:
- Dates for changing plans
- All the extra benefits available to members
Coverage that fits your life flyer
Includes information about:
- How to change plans
- Where to get more plan information and how to see if members qualify for financial assistance
- Using virtual care
- Where to go to get dental information on off-exchange that we offer through Delta Dental of Washington plans
2022 individual and family plan rate adjustment
- The OIC- pending approval overall average rate increase is 0.35%.
- Actual rate adjustments vary by plan, rating region, and any age-band rate change that may occur as of January 1, 2022 — or member age if they enroll anytime between February and December 2022.
- The 2022 premium rate indicated in the OIC prescribed renewal letter does not include:
- Tax credit subsidies that exchange enrollees may be eligible for.
- Delta Dental of Washington premiums for those off-exchange clients who have enrolled in an optional dental plan for 2021. Note: Dental coverage will roll over into 2022 unless the subscriber makes a change.
Delta Dental of Washington benefit and rate changes for 2022
- Pediatric dental rates will increase by 1.64%, and adult/family dental plan rates will increase by 5.03% (OIC approved). Rate adjustments are spread among all members with dental coverage, whether they use their coverage or not.
- There are no benefit changes on the pediatric dental plan.
- An additional cleaning visit has been added for members (19 and older) who are pregnant, managing heart disease, or living with diabetes.
- Benefit and premium details can be found on pages 5 and 6 of the Cost Share Changes and Plan Mapping guide.
Additional plan and enrollment information
- For 2022 open enrollment, please use our online enrollment system to enroll your clients who want to enroll off-exchange.
- Existing off-exchange Kaiser Permanente members who want to make changes to their policy should complete the Account Change Form. The form can be faxed or mailed back once completed. Please note that there has been a change in the fax number and mailing address where this form and all documentation for enrollment should be sent. This form cannot be used for clients who want to change from off-exchange to on-exchange. That will have to be done through Washington Healthplanfinder.
- For clients who are enrolled on-exchange: changes, including a plan change, should be done through the Washington Healthplanfinder portal.
- Details about our 2022 individual and family plans will be available on October 1, 2021, at kp.org/wa/producer-kpif. Individual and family sales kits will start mailing the week of October 18.
- If you’re interested in selling our exchange-only individual and family plans and haven’t previously, visit Washington Health Benefit Exchange for more information.
- Off-exchange individual and family plan dental coverage will automatically renew. No action is needed unless members want to change or cancel their current dental plan.
- Reminder – Producer of Records (POR) will continue if your client moves from off-exchange to on-exchange or vice versa. If there’s a gap in coverage, this will result in the POR being termed. To re-establish the POR, we will need a POR letter completed and sent to us.
We’re happy to assist you during this renewal and upcoming open enrollment period. Please contact us at 1-800-474-1079 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., or email email@example.com.